Tuesday, March 15, 2005

When Good Helpdesks go BAD


When I got my P800 cellfone back in 04, the first thing I did was ring up Vodafone to get the settings for Pxting and using the wwweb. Man, I couldn't believe how FAST and HELPFUL they were!
After years of waiting on the fone for whatever, and listening to MOR muzak and computer people telling me to press button 1, 2 or 3, I just accepted that this was the way of "the helpdesk" so, after experiencing Vodafones AMAZING helpdesk, I took comfort in the fact that if anything went wrong with my fone they would come to my rescue Quickly AND sort the problem, AWESOME!
A year went by and I didnt really have any need to use Vodafones helpdesk UNTIL last week. I rang Vodafone thinking Cool, this will only take 5 or so minutes BUT 2 hours and 3 wrong setup files later my faith in Vodafones helpdesk had gone, Bummer!
Maybe they were having a bad day and they did EVENTUALLY get it right BUT, its sad when Good Helpdesks go BAD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home